Eric is a learning futurist, tinkering with and designing technologies that may better inform the future of teaching and learning. Eric is president and research coordinator of MAVR, a research group working in immersive technologies for teaching and learning, and more specifically, augmented and virtual realities in language learning. Eric's day job is at the Kyoto University of Foreign Studies where he teaches courses and conducts research on issues related to technology in tourism and education. Eric also leads a team of interactive media designers for TEDxKyoto. Eric's projects have included augmented tourism rallies, AR community art exhibitions, mixed reality escape rooms, and other experiments in immersive technology.
Working with districts, schools, and companies to best design and deploy technology for teaching and learning
Developing and implementing augmented and virtual learning environments
Public outreach on issues in schools and society from immersive technology integration
To understand the factors and technologies reshaping how humans happily teach, learn, work, and grow.
• Open Knowledge - Free and open access to information is a foundation to a productive modern life, connected to ideas of the open web and platform agnosticism.
• Privacy by Design - Business models are increasing moving toward supporting revenue by collecting, curating, and trading behavioral surplus through technology. These models should be tempered with safety, ethics, and privacy concerns and designed as such.
• Digital Literacy for All - An informed public about the use of technology is key for a responsible and engaged digital society.
• The Future of Teaching and Learning
• Immersive Learning Deisgn
• Augmented and Virtual Learning Development
• Designing Mixed Reality Learning Environments
• Digital Citizenship, Privacy, and Ethics
• Digital and Immersive Tourism
• AR/VR/MR/XR Research
• Automation in Teaching and Learning
I am always looking to explore on the edge of what is possible with technology in educational contexts. I have a growing body of projects, research, and experiements that have grown into something special, from augmented reality in community art spaces to academic research in immersive learning environments.
TExperience Japan like you've lived here forever
- with immersive media and human stories from the land of the rising sun. Immersive media content from Kyoto and Japan to explore such as VR videos, augmented reality tours, and 360 photos from places of interest. Started in 2011 to gather English language user generated content on the less visited areas of Kyoto, has now expanded into a mix of new media projects to promote Japan and it's less known beauty and culture to the world.
Together Learning is an immersive and e-learning learning sandbox. We develop, test, research, and share digital learning content. It started in 2009 as a place to test and develop language learning content, web based software, and LMS platforms. It now has become a place for learning technologists and learners a like to share digital learning content. We are all learning together here, as new technologies facilitate.
Mobirise give you the freedom to develop as many websites as you like.
Choose from the large selection of latest pre-made blocks.
One of Bootstrap's big point is responsiveness